Monday, March 28, 2011

End of day

So far we've all done really well but it's harder in the evening. While preparing food you wash your hands, boil water and need to clean all the dishes which used up around 4L of water. All our meals are still vegetarian due to the fact meat production uses almost twice as much water as any other food production process. I am being careful not to flush the toilet, use the dish washer or to leave water running when doing activities such as washing hands and cleaning my teeth. Showers are limited to around two minutes and water that runs cold while awaiting a warm shower is collected and reused to avoid wasting water. I have been wary of how much water I consume as an individual during one day and this activity has heightened my awareness of what I can do to prevent wasting water on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment